In collaboration with Discover Digital Arabia, Startappz releases Videographic recapping changes in the tech industry in the Middle East for the year 2012. Highlights of the videographic include:
- Facebook & Linkedin opening offices in the Middle East.
- New incubators and investment funds launching in different parts of the Middle East such as In5, Flat6Labs, Turns8 Accelerator, and the Vodafone Investment Fund.
- Offline media establishments branching online, such as MBC Ventures investing in Falafel Games, Aranim Media Factory, and SuperMama.
- A steep increase in investment from 10 Million USD in 2010 to 72 Million USD in 2012.
- New rounds of investments raised by OpenSooq, Souq, Namshi, Ikoo, Gengo, Acadox, TravelerVIP, Cedar Books, Shahiya, The Luxary Closet, Pin-Pay, GyroLabs, Ogra, eShtery, and more.
- Major acquisitions of startups by international and regional companies such as Corona Labs, Thomson Reuters, and N2V.
- A 45% growth in e-commerce sales in 2012 reaching 15 Billion USD.
- An annual growth rate of 25% in Digital Ad Spend, forming 10% of total advertisement spent in 2015, 2-3% of which goes to mobile advertising.